Hardrive Partitions what the benefit ????

HI,

My computer has a 20 Gig hardrive with 75% free space on one partition, with
650 Processor , ram 384. Omega TS2000i and Win2000 are on same hard drive
directory with all my other programs., is c: drive as per normal computer set
up.

In relation to my Hardrive : my research of whats best for Ts2000i to run is to
have at least 5 Gig free on hardrive. But as I have 15 gig free would this
hinder performance as I have too much free space.

QUESTION : What would be and ideal set up for better data transfer and WIN2000
use between HD and RAM for a software performance like Ts2000i.

my guess ....Something like this (all drives NTFS format)

C:\ 8 Gig with Win2000 and all other software
D:\ 8 Gig with Ts2000i ONLY....
E:\4 Gig for back ups

All you computer experts a comment would be welcome.

Software to maintain Partitions I would use would be PartitionMagic 6.0
and Diskeeper - to maintain defrag on each partition.

What is benefit of splitting drives to smaller size if any.

Thanks

Ian

http://cars.yahoo.com.au/ - Yahoo! Cars
- Buy, sell or finance a car..