Multi-Monitor Alternative

I know I can use something like the Matrox Dualhead cards to output to 2
monitors.  However, under W2K it is not possible to have different
resolutions for the two different monitors (possible only in W98 and Wme).
My question is, can I just plug in TWO separate graphics cards instead?  How
easy is it to configure if I just plug in two separate graphics card onto a
W2K system?  Has anyone had any success with this and any problems with TS2K
with this setup?