Trend lines

I've come across an inaccuracy that is puzzling.  I'm using TS2000 sp5 and
my trend line values in the data window are inaccurate.  Drawing my trend
lines in snap mode, I find that the values are correct at the snap points
but are about 8 points off on the S&Ps for today with my snap points being
9/1/2000 and 11/6/2000.  I printed the chart without the trendline showing
to make sure that it wasn't a video issue and my ruler drawn line it exactly
where the computer puts it.  Anyone aware of why the trendline value would
be off by so much?  Sort of makes trend line alarms worthless.

-Sean