RE: DTN data feed for TS2k...

I talked to DTN Support as you did.   DTN is moving most financial
broadcast services from TELSTAR5 to GE1 over the next year.   TELSTAR5
was at 97 West while GE1 is at 103 West so the dish will have to be
pointed on the order of 5 degrees to the west compared to TELSTAR5.
GE1 is also a few degrees lower in the sky.   A new receiver is
required as well as a 1-meter satellite.   DTN thought a 5 degree
change was immaterial, but I think that amount of change can be a
problem if, like I do, you have a fixed mount for the dish.

DTN had to lease GE1 for Nasdaq Level 2 and Options.   Support said it
was cheaper to move all applicable customers to GE1, plus they needed
increased bandwidth for digital quotes.   Monthly fees are also
increased - for Futures and Stocks the increase is $31 per month, or
$372 per year.   Part of this increase is likely because DTN is losing
money on satellite broadcast services, as was DBC.

Support said all customers have to change their dish to 1-meter and
get a new receiver when their contract renews.   Customers may move to
the new satellite earlier.   Customers can save $50 in fees if they
order the new dish and receiver by December 1.    DTN will stop
leasing TELSTAR5 in about a year.