Re: Re[2]: TradeLab Software

Bilo, Liked your comments. As said before, system testing (backtesting and optimization) will be added with version 2.0.  Users can license TradeLab ver 1.0 now at the lower price and get the upgrade to ver 2.0 for free, or they can wait and buy ver 2.0 at the higher price. If you're familiar with matlab, s-plus, and bloomberg you WILL want to check out TradeLab - it is a fancy toolbox integrated with charting, a sophisticated data server and much, much more. You get what you pay for.  If what you want if drag and drop system creation and testing then TradeLab may not be for you.  I think it's for those who want more "horsepower under the hood." So then code, don't trade. BTW, TradeLab analysis code can be written in VB, Delphi, C++, or even Assembly. I choose to differ with you here.  I think that TradeLab is a very sophisticated trading platform available at a retail price.  It wouldn't surprise me to see smaller institutions adopting the product. True enough.  I've encouraged the developer of TradeLab to consider options to provide back-up data, data history, etc. to TLData, TradeLab's integrated tick data server. Good. Stay objective.  Follow the link below to the TradeLab rebate link. That'll take you to the TradeLab site.  Check it out.  If you're not ready yet then stay tuned - the product keeps getting better... Fred