Smooth Sailing and Online Trading

I was feeling poetic after spending a relaxing  weekend at the beach in
Michigan and wrote this comparison to the challenges we face while sailing,
or while trading online.  I believe the comparisons are worth considering.

May your voyages be met with steady wind and calm seas,

May your online trading connection never go down,

May your water craft be seaworthy and stout,

May your trading interface be robust and never fail,

May your ship sail with ease, gliding on smooth waters aided by an
experienced crew,

May your trading interface work endlessly, never locking up,

May your life boats go unneeded,

May you not need the services of the help desk,

May there be room for you in the life boat in the happenstance you need it,

May the help desk be knowledgeable, efficient and not make you wait when you
do call,

May you find peace in the solitude of the sea,

May your solitary trading be invisibly supported by the good souls of the
trading desk,

May your trip on the seas lead to paradise,

May your trading find endless opportunities met with flawless execution,

May you be prepared for the rough waters bound to come,

May your rough trades be few and far between,

May your navigation equipment always be true,

May your quote service keep streaming,

May your location always be known by loved ones,

May you always know your open positions and the status of all orders,

May your hand be steady on the tiller,

May your mouseclicks be true.

~John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.