Adjusting Contract Quantity for changing tick values

I am trying to adjust the P&L of a system to allow for a contract's changing
tick values .. Does anyone know if there is a place to put in the changing
tick values of the S&P 500 (for example) - I would love to know.  I collect
CSI format data , end of day only, - from Genesis Data Services (3rd party
vendor) .. If there is not a place to do this then I need to put it in the
EasyLanguage code of the signal .. I have written a Statement :
If CurrentDate < 981001 then ContractQuantity = 2;
If CurrentDate > 981001 then Contract Quantity = 1;
If Various buy Conditions = True then Buy ContractQuantity contracts at
market;
           {Prior to 10/01/1998 the tick value = $500/pt and since that date
the point value = $250/p}  .....
This is not working .. How do I fix it?
Thanks in advance.