Proposal about a new "Systems Only" e-mail list / user group...

i have a proposal for some omega and code list members
to create a new list  that will focus on trading systems only.

here is the outline:
- i have absolutely nothing against both lists. they are great
but the problems are i think that there are a lot posts that are
repeating, most  posts are trivial and not a lot of posts about systems
because people are reluctant to post or open up due to sensitivity
of material so we can take it one step further.

- the new list will focus on trading systems and trading models only,
bouncing and exchanging ideas, discussing personal experience with
system design, participate in joint system design projects, etc.,
taking  apart and improving existing systems, etc.

- no other posts such as programming in general ( how to
code this or that ), no data feed questions, no bitching about
bugs, no "help me program this", no installation issues, no
market predictions, no discretionary trading posting,
no newbie questions, just pure systems theory math and the code.

- no particular choice of  platform , we can use TS or TW
or whatever. the main thing is the ideas. the implementation let's
leave that out to ourselves unless it's something complex. TS could
be used as a "common language platform".

if we get into it seriously we can also go deeper , so
to speak, that would be:
- we can discuss advanced trading models,
what needs to be done, how to do it, all the good stuff about the
systems. the result might be working on the system design project
with maybe 5-10 individuals contributing to the common goal
which would be  "decent tradable system(s)".

- now, i know people are going to be sensitive about posting
some stuff or "opening up so to speak" including me first ( i am very
concerned about this issue and probably more paranoid about that than
the rest of you ) so some measures could be
taken to insure the proper security, no software vendors allowed,
no brokers, ctas and other individuals that are prone to sucking out ideas,
i.e no idiots that can turn around and start selling it
no hotmail.com addresses or yahoo.com, may be by invitation only,
if necessary we can profile every one that's on the list,
or do background verification to insure the "safe working place"
so to speak. if this is too strict then we can set the security requirements
as needed.

- we can  make that mail list secure, not allowing anybody else to view the
posts.some safe place where we "the brains" can get together and speak
freely about the best ideas about system design without feeling that someone
could go hind your back and steal your best stuff... the main thing is to
keep the "trader" type individuals on the list and keep "seller" type
individuals
off the list.

- we can outline a project ( not just ramble about systems ) and see if
we can work on making a good tradable system. we'll keep working
on it the right way, i.e. study, design and implementation. the result would
be a working tradable system that we can then trade only for our own
accounts. should the project be successful we'll  take it one step further
by
enforcing the "not for sale, lease, or institutional use" rule "for personal
use
only" rule thru NDAs,  etc... that's only if we get into something that is
of serious value. otherwise we'll just juggle ideas, do some soul searching
on systems, etc.

- we'll need some brain power and the experience, so the preference would be
given to individuals that have background in either in trading, math or
programming. i mean all we need is 5-10 sharp  guys and
we got the list started
- e-groups ( or similar type ) would probably be the logical choice since it
allows secure environment and ease of use...

if you think this idea is a good one, drop me an e-mail.  i will see how
much interest is generated and then we'll see if it's doable.

bilo.