Re: Fwd: TS4.0 installation from hell

As far as I know, TS4 doesn't do anything to your registry as it was
originally written for Windows 3.1.

It does add several .ini files in the Windows directory. Those contain
version info and make it hard to go back to a previous version so they
should be deleted for a clean install. In the gif, everything except
system.ini is an omega file.

System.ini contains this line in the [386Enh] section

  device=ssiact.386

For safesoft, you delete that line and add a couple of others. That
should be documented with your safesoft stuff. Trying to use the dongle
without getting rid of the safesoft lines could cause a conflict. Ok,
just checked a Win95/Safesoft system and it has these lines in [386Enh].

  device=basedrv.386
  SAFEBASEport=12
  SAFEBASEaddr=278
  device=omeglock.386
  device=ssi95.vxd

I think lines 2 and 3 are optional. Line 4 is whatever name you gave
your safesoft driver.

Autoexec.bat also includes the line

  SET SSI_ACT=10,10,10

That's all I'm aware of that the install does but there may be more.
That's all I know so asking me any more questions won't do any good. :-)

--
  Dennis
Attachment Converted: "f:\eudora\attach\Image112.gif"