From: "Fred" <srqblue@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Victor" <civico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 2:04 AM
Subject: Re: off topic: managing multiple internet connections

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 00:45:14 +0800, you wrote:

>Dear Fred,
>
>If you are using win98, try
>
>Start > Run > winipcfg > ur nic > release > renew > Ok.
>
>If you are using Win2k
>
>Start > program > windows explorer > dos prompt > ipconfig > select ur nic > ipconfig /all  > ipconfig /release > ipconfig /renew
>
>The IP of the ISP will release and renew for the new connection
>
>Victor

Victor,

Thanks for this tip.   I use a network switch.  Since the switch and
connectors have been placed right at my fingertips it is quicker for
me to just pop the connection at the switch.

I should also point out for those lurking and wondering about the
reliablitly of eSignal/Cable modem combination  that this (the cable
connection failing) happens at most once a month and is not a big
worry.  It is just that if it DOES happen I needed to have a
work-around.  Even then I still have DTN RT running on another
computer.

Fred

"Success is the only test of genius" -R.Adm Daniel Gallery 1901-1977