Re: off topic: managing multiple internet connections

Dear Fred,

Thanks for your informative reply, I have no experience on satellite transmittion at all. May I ask how the Satellite connect to the computer?

I wonder have you got the static IP address from the ISP for your modem, in Hong Kong, I have dynamic IP address, but the IP address will remains the same until I release them. It is very dangerous to have a static IP address, this will make the others to hack you easily. You can try to see your own IP address by the method as mentioned in my previous e-mails, then release them, unplug the cable modem power supply for a while and reconnected again, until the connected light is on, then renew the IP address again, then you can see whether you have a static or dynamic IP address.

I have read your last e-mail and gone to the web sites mentioned, after some consideration, I stick on my present settings as we are in a different position, I have 1 DSL and 1 cable modem so I can connected them simultaneously though I have 2 spare DUN's (that is free come with the ISP'S), but Dun connection can cause a serious drop in data both from the the transmittion and modem itself.

I use eSignal and operate 24 hours a day and 24 hours a week seem as you do, personally, I think they are a good data feeder.

Dear Fred, this are all my personal opinion and take out for discussion only.

Victor