Re: $25K "Deposit" for Globex Terminal???

Chris,
FWIW:
Be very careful when using TOPS as your order routing mechanism into actual
pits. While I lived in Minneapolis I visited Chicago several times and spent
a few days watching the action at the CME. There is always a cluster of
traders directly around the TOPS stations which are planted 1 step up from
the floor of the pit. It was our observation that market orders coming into
those terminals were routinely filled at the worst end of the current
trading range. This broker would routinely bid or offer prices that were
well away from where trading was going on (at least .5 off from the current
price and often 1-2 full points) in the rest of the pit. My own experience
confirmed what I saw in the pit: the customer is getting robbed. I would
only use this type of order entry in a case where you specify a price (limit
/ fok).

The guy who was posting about getting robbed 1 tick each way in the S&Ps by
Interactive Broker may want to use this as a benchmark to compare his own
experience against.

Patrick White

Subscribe to the TraderSimulator list by sending an email to:
tradersimulator-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

or by visiting the site and clicking on the Subscribe link:
http://www.egroups.com/group/tradersimulator