Re: Taxes (was: Where is the Futures Industry Headed?)

Conrad,

What do you think of an American that gets a job offer abroad, moves there
with their family, and pays full tax to their new home and who becomes a
legal permanent resident there?  They have no assets, no business and no
income in the US.  They've made their permanent home abroad, their kids go
to school there, and they have no plans to ever return to the
U.S.  Clearly, this person does not benefit whatsoever from any of the
services provided by the US government.  Their benefits stem exclusively
from their new country, where they are happy to pay tax.

Can you explain why that person should be forced to keep paying tax to the
United States?  Can you honestly justify why they should?  My wife is one
such American (thankfully I am not) and everytime she writes a check on
April 15th to the US govt, you have no idea how furious she is!  She goes
to work with Australians, Brits and other other foreigners and NONE of them
have to file and pay their home countries when they don't live there.  Yes,
I can honestly say that she *shouldn't* pay any tax to the US.  And no, I
do not consider this to be an extremist view!

The United States of America is the ONLY country in the world that levies
it's tax system on it's citizens after they've permanently moved
abroad.  Most countries only apply taxation on their people when they live
in that country (kinda makes sense wouldn't you say?).

It's out and out FASCIST to demand tax from citizens when they don't live
and work in the country anymore.  Gee, what an priviledge to "belong" to
the land of the free!  What's the expression used? "your ass belongs to me"
?!  In case you bring up double-taxation treaties ....they only only exempt
about $75,000.  So, if you "rich" enough to earn more than that, you must
pay.  Please, if you can tell me what my Swiss resident wife receives her
US tax ...pray do tell me ...perhaps I'm missing something?

There is nothing justifiable about this policy whatsover.  It is mindless,
stupid and fascist.  It is evidence of an agency (the IRS) that is
completely and totally out of control.  The most pissed off Americans don't
live in America, they live abroad! Anyone this "trusting" in an orgnisation
that sees fit to extend itself in this manner is a fool.

Oh yea, my wife was having 44% grabbed from her monthly wage check when
living in the US (by the time you added up the 33 different taxes).  Now
she gets 20% taken out.  Guess what ... the public schools, the roads, and
public transport are all BETTER in Switzerland.  Go figure.

Therefore, I'll give you the system you asked for:
Eliminate your federal government as is stands and replace it with a few
officials in charge of national defence and a few other miscellaneous
things (with power only to raise 10% of taxes).  Let the States run
everything including raising 90% of all taxes.  But here's the most
important part of all: invite the Swiss to come over and run all the 50
States.  Let's face it, even with the best "system" in place, American
politicians would only screw things up again.  Swiss politicians and
officials in government and Americans running business and
enterprise.  Now, there's a country to die for!

Simon.