Multi-data scaling

I've run into this too many times and it's driving me crazy:

I often like to chart two price series on the same subchart.  This
usually works well, e.g. for plotting the S&P and SPX on the same
chart.

But for some reason, sometimes TS4 screws up the scaling.  E.g. I
just tried to chart the @CCO (Nasdaq Comp) in Data1 and NDX in Data2
on the same chart.  They're both in the same ballpark, closing at
3482 and 3353.  The resulting chart scales from about 300 to 4500,
with the NDX down in the 300's and the @CCO up where it should be.
The Data Window shows the right values for NDX, but it charts wrong.

Now if I switch NDX to Data1 and @CCO to Data2, the chart scales from
about 3500 to 45000, with the @CCO in the "right" area and the NDX up
in the stratosphere.

Similar things happen if I chart DJ0M and INDU on the same chart.

DSP0M and SPX chart just fine.  Since I've rescaled INDU and NDX (but
not DJ or @CCO) to handle the recent large-range days, I'm wondering
if that has something to do with it.  ND0M and NDX chart OK, but I've
rescaled BOTH of those.

I *thought* this had been happening since before I did the rescale,
but I'm not sure...

Gary