Re: FREE > TRADERWARE with DATA FEED

----- Message d'origine -----
De : <ribau@xxxxxxxxxxx>
À : <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : Friday, April 21, 2000 16:14
Objet : Re: FREE > TRADERWARE with DATA FEED

> >>WORKING??Did you say working??? Where do you get one of those???!!!
>
> Pierre means TS4 only, everyone knows TS2Ki still doesn't work reliably
> after a full year of being released. I was in Las Vegas last week and left
> TS4 and TS2Ki running on two machines using a split BMI cable box. When I
> returned yesterday, TS4 was happily collecting intraday data while TS2Ki
> had stopped collecting after Monday's session. It spontaneously "cannot
> find Receiver on any comm port."

> Oh, I've been working with Omega QA again, since Feb 22 this time, going
> through the usual "reinstall TS2Ki, defrag your hard drive, make a 350Mb
> swap file, etc, etc, etc," only to come to their bottom line. They say
it's
> a BMI problem.
>
> Guess who BMI blames when TS4 collects data and TS2Ki doesn't?

I mean TS4 AND TS200i, but have no control on BMI ( not available here).
The explanation could be correct, because the Omegaserver plugs on the BMI
server, developped by BMI, therefore the difference between TS4 and TS2000i,
whenre the first one uses a  100% Omega server.

We do not have this problem with the Comstock server because it has been
developped only for thes task ( feeding TS2000i) , and no serial port error
because we use a TCP IP protocol ( 10 or 100Mb network card ) to load the
incoming data into the Comstock server.

I believe that the SP Comstock Prosuite Xpress feed satellite version
developped here will be the way to go for serious futures traders.

More to come later at the end of the beta test stage.
FYI, I do not sell anything in this case.
Just participate to the development because we need it in Europe.

Sincerely

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com