Temp File Build27 dilemma

I'm attempting to install TS4 build27 on top of build24. I receive
a failed installation message saying that  the file could not be fully
decompressed and that my temp file may be too full.
  I assume they're referring to the WINNT temp folder. I moved
all files in the WINNT temp folder to a tempbak folder and tried
again. Got the same message and went back to the temp folder
to find all the files I had moved were back again.
  Any help appreciated. My OS is win2000.

thanks, dbs