Re: Omega 2000i & privacy

Somehow I find it extremely unlikely that a simple program like Wordpad
would be able to read 'deleted' data from a disk simply by opening a
file. It seems much more likely that some program is (accidentally)
copying data it shouldn't to the Global Server cache file.

DB, I noticed that your mailer is Outlook Express and your customer also
mentioned Outlook Express. If the techs at Omega want to try to
reproduce the problem, they should probably try it on a computer with
both TS2K and Outlook Express installed. Maybe the problem is with TS
and maybe it's with OE. I'd also try to get specifics about which
version of Windows is on the affected machines. Since W98 is so tightly
integrated with Internet Explorer, it might be erroneously writing data
like your most recently accessed files to the .dat file. Sorry but,
since I'm a confirmed TS4/NT kinda guy who _really_ hates Outlook
Express, I can't be any more help than that.

--
  Dennis