Re: Black Ice

> Steve Gibson is the writer of the Zone Labs software.

No, Steve just promoted it to his huge following.  Gunter Freund is
the president of ZoneLabs and (I think) one of the main developers.

> This free software may be better than Black Ice.

Steve originally promoted BlackIce as a great answer, but eventually
retracted that recommendation.  I think he was embarrassed when
people started seeing problems with BlackIce, and he's still smarting
from it a bit.  Some people still like BlackIce, but it seems to have
a lot of reliability problems, false-alarm problems, etc.

For that matter, a lot of people love Zone Alarm, but others can't
run it.  I've heard of a number of people who installed it, started
suffering frequent crashes, and uninstalled it.

Gary