CSI Pricing Letter

Re: CSI User Fees and Cheathim’s Allegations

Dear Omega List:

 I found it very interesting that from an Unfair Advantage user base of
many thousands currently growing at a rate of 4,000 per year, only 27
customers exceeded 15% of our massive world-wide futures database.  Mr.
Cheathim’s data account was one of those 27 users who barely breached
the 15% threshold with his use of 157 markets viewed daily from among
over 800 world markets in the UA inventory.  Had we implemented the
discontinued policy he made such a fuss about he would have been billed
double the regular rate of $29 per month for North American or $49 for
world market access. Watching 157 of the worlds most active markets is
incredibly large for any trader to manage.  The vast majority of CSI
users typically follow only 1 to 15 markets.

 The reason we decided not to implement the proposed pricing policy was
because of a misinterpretation on how UA works.  After speaking to a few
who called us we found that the “excessive users” were under the
misapprehension that they had to introduce very large portfolios to
actually receive the data from the CSI host computer.  They didn’t seem
to know that every market on earth was supplied daily and it wasn’t
necessary to create huge portfolios to view any series.  We decided it
wasn’t practical to impose any restrictions because of just a few
moderately heavy users like Mr. Cheathim.

We would have been happy to receive a call from Cheethim to hear his
views, but apparently his fear of having to pay a few dollars extra was
too great for him to speak to us about it.  Mr. Cheathim cheated, if you
will, by making that alarming assertion designed to embarrass CSI by
advancing the absurd prospects of an increase in fees to ten times the
regular rate.  If this were the case the number of users involved would
have affected thousands, not the insignificant handful our computers
discovered.

Mr. Cheathim has been in contact with CSI on various issues in the past
with questions about obscure foreign markets or data adjustments for
various exotic markets not well understood by him.  We always explained
each markets characteristics or made remote changes or adjustments to
accommodate him. Such efforts were done immediately and efficiently.  He
was, as are all CSI users, treated respectfully and courteously without
delay whenever there was a question or concern.  Perhaps he was having a
bad day, but we don’t cheat anybody here, and we try to make sure that
every user is getting what they paid for.  More important, we actually
go out of our way as an independent and free data provider who is not
obliged to succumb to the wishes of any entity as are many of our
competitors who are aligned with certain software firms who expect
consideration.  We also regularly go out of our way to help others from
getting mislead by various firms who might be heavily biased for
themselves. There was little reason for Cheathim to go to the Omega List
to air his concerns.

In every relationship it is our view that the parties must have mutual
respect for each other to make it work.  Friendships, husband-wife,
doctor-patient, attorney-client, data vendor-subscriber, all require
some substantial give-and-take to make the relationship work.  Mr.
Cheathim apparently doesn’t know this.  Our relationship isn’t working
out Mr. Cheathim so I invite you to agree to a divorce and accept a
refund of a full year of service credits so that you can go elsewhere.
He will then have to forego many foreign markets not carried by anyone
else, but the peace of mind of going to Dial Data® or HistoryBank.Com
where the error and omission rate ranges from 385% to 1,090% higher than
CSI’s stellar performance as “the best” in the world (according to an
independent study conducted by Sheldon Knight for Futures Magazine)
should permit Mr. Cheathim to achieve his goal to backadjust into
oblivion.

Regards,

CSI Customer Service and Marketing