Re: bmi cable lag

In a message dated 2/24/00 11:35:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, bnm03@xxxxxxx
writes:

> 3-5 ticks?   that's not that bad.

If the market you are trading only has 5 ticks per minute then obviously that
could be a 1 minute lag.

>how much lag is there in the DTn sat?

I'm hearing good things about DTN. BTW, they have agreed to add A/D data. The
head of tech ops called me in response to pressure from the LIST, and I'm not
even a customer ....yet. He tells us they will try to add our symbols in
March. Thanks to everyone who Emailed them. DTN wins and we (traders) win. In
10 years with DBC/BMI or Omega that kind of response to problems never
happened once. It shows a difference in the corporate cultures which speaks
poorly about both DBC/BMI and Omega. Omega could have fixed the A/D problem
on their end, but never even responded, much less made the effort to fix it.

> if
>  you compare BMI to a 56k cybercorp internet connection, BMI lags on most
>  days by around 15-20 ticks in the morning (45" to 1') and about 30 seconds
>  midday when things slow down.  that's my experience anyway.  cybercorp's
>  feed can't be ** that ** fast.

Again, if you are looking at Nasdaq stocks with 60-80 ticks / minute you are
talking apples and oranges compared to a 5-10 tick / minute market.
Nonetheless, it is clear that BMI/DBC cable is delayed data. Maybe they are
pocketing exchange fees like the bucket shops of old....  ;)

Bill Wynne
SmartTrades.com