Re: TS4

a 2nd par. port was worked well for me for 6 or 7 years... eliminated
numerous conflict problems... NT was also a big improvement.

current problem is, although i have excess memory, & according to "wmem.exe"
as recommended & downloaded from omega, i quickly run low on "selectors"
with the opening of workspaces which have indicators.  Selectors are quickly
used up by indicators, while memory continues  plentiful.  Omega tells me
only that i am using too many indicators and/or too many workspaces, & to
reduce the number.

any ideas out there for the increase in available "Selectors" which
apparently have a finite limit of approximately 8,000.  Nine workspaces with
4 to 8 windows with numerous indicators loaded on each chart window gets me
down to about 1,500 Selectors?  Omega Tech tells me i should not drop below
3000 Selectors.  At about 1200 to 1500 selectors, if i load another large
workspace (TS server 4.00.25  1/2/2000; TS 4.0, Build 27, version 4.05
6/23/1999), i'm immediately "out of global memory", from which there is no
recovery for me, but to save (when possible) & reboot.

Selectors is a Windows problem i suppose, but somehow, it seems Tradestation
should be able to recognize those limitations, & provide the ability to work
within its limitations.  i merely wish to open  less-than-ten workspaces &
spread them singly across two or 4 screens.  using 4 screens means fewer
workspaces open, & less scrolling among workspaces.  Using 2 screens means
more open workspaces & more frequent scrolling among workspaces.  for
example, 3 for the S&P, 2 for currrencies, 3 for stocks... not an
unreasonable number of workspaces for a ($2000) program i thimk!

would appreciate any ideas from anyone, especially Omega Research.

preston morrow