Re: TS4

>>> I'm recovering from a crash. (Hate when that happens!) Please HELP.
>>>
>>> 1. I remember saving a file (from this list) that explained how to
>>> Run TS4 "without" the dongle so that it would not conflict with
>>> the scanner & printer on LPT1. Could the person that posted that
>>> info please send it to me again privately.
>>>

>>Was the Safesoft  TS dongle emulator, illegal and no more for sale.

Great emulator, not illegal (expect Omega shill scare tactics here), but
definitely no longer for sale thanks to Omega paranoia.

>>> 2. As an alternative, does anyone know if TS4, with the dongle,
>>> can be set up to run from LPT2 if I add another parallel port
>>> card?
>>
>>Yes.
>>This solution works.

I guess Fussie Pete forgot HOW to make the solution work, here's the way.
Open System.ini with NotePad and add this line to the [386Enh] section:

	ssi_lpt=2

This will allow the dingleberry to live on parallel port 2.