RE: Which holds best promise?; Big Bear !

FYI:  What you say is true for spus but not true for nasdaq futures, nor for
many individual large cap stocks.  Also, if you use the following indicator,
you can see that there are many year-long periods where the effect is
reversed (e.g. 5/97 to 5/98 for spus), i.e. the year-on-year change is
positive and greater than the starting price plus the sum of the overnight
changes...

Very interesting nonetheless!

Here's the indicator:

vars: cumsum(0),LChan(0);

if barnumber=1 then cumsum=0;
if barnumber>1 then cumsum=cumsum[1]+open-close[1];
if barnumber>260 then LChan=close[260]+cumsum-cumsum[260];

plot1(LChan);