Re: Which holds best promise?; Big Bear !

Phil,

I understand you trade end of day position -
and I respect that.

Statistically, the sp future gaps all its gains - not trade its gains.
e.g. if you combine all the up and down gaps, we have 300+ pts in sp
last 2 yrs til now, that is the total gain we have without the trading
sessions at all.

If day trade only, then the total # of points traded up vs down
is in reverse to the gaps, at a lower rate.

in fact, trading on the short side of the U.S. index future is to a
day trader's advantage - ALL THE TIME SINCE ITS
EXISTENCE.

In fact mechanical real time short system is pretty easy to construct if
you analyze the stats/behaviour of sp first. You can make more money
shorting then buy and hold - the benchmark for a reasonable system.

-Lawrence Chan