RE: Windows 2000 Professional; MAYBE great news

You might find that the hardware driver issue is (perhaps) a non-issue. As I
stated before, on my laptop, pre-release versions of Win 2000 have been
running for many months. One of the best features of the OS was that it
automatically detected the weird and wonderful assortment of firm ware and
PCMCIA cards in my machine. I didn't have to supply a single driver.

If anyone out there has installed NT 4.0 on a NEC Versa 6230 class machine,
you will appreciate the difference!

Re muted reception in the stores, I am not surprised. I doubt they will plug
it hard to consumers for some time. But eventually.

Warning, OMEGA issued a tech bulletin today that they do not support TS2000i
on Windows 2000 (officially, I guess) until TS2000i SP5.

My production TS2000i software is running on my Win NT 4.0 box. I have no
worries...

Michael