Windows 2000 Professional

Interesting day in the stores.

No copies of Win2000 Professional on the shelves. One must ask for it.
Prices at CompUSA at $219+ for the upgrade. I found it at Staples for $149.97
not including the $70 rebate if you upgrade from NT 4.0. That makes it around
$80.

As of 10:00 AM EST, no sales made at CompUSA in Woburn, Mass and I was the
first purchaser at Staples even though that store opens at 7:00 AM.

What's my point?  Less than an enthusiastic reception and a very wide range
of prices.

Thought you all should be aware.

Regards,
Manning Stoller