RE: Which holds best promise?

"Read the price action, understand
support/resistance, recognize the environment and then manage the trades =
execution.  "

Bob,

I hear what you're saying but even this approach can be modeled because
you've described the basis for a consistent approach here.  Also, one needs
to spend less time "learning" how to trade if they have a system.  You need
to have patience to wait for the signal then pick up the phone and place
your order with systems but the trading method is already abstracted.  And I
agree that learning to control your emotions is important in trading weather
you have a method or are trading a system.  You have to have confidence in
your system/method to trade it during drawdown when emotions can run wild.
That often takes practice, either through physically placing the order or
visualization away from trading.