Re: Which holds best promise?

You learn to control your emotions by trading - I don't know any other way.
Trading is no different than any other profession/sport/game/business etc.,
in that it requires practice and experience.  In sports they call it being
"competition tough".  This process builds your confidence as well, and
that's where the Mini contracts and simulated trading accounts can really
help.  One way or  the other you must learn how to execute while being IN
THE MARKET.

You can't learn how to trade by just watching or studying the markets or
building systems, just like you can't learn how to become a doctor/engineer
etc. by reading a book.  And I don't care if you have a 100% accurate
'system' - if you can't make decisions with money on the line you will still
lose.  And you can't learn how to trade without learning how to lose first.
Everyone tries to avoid this learning process, but unfortunately it cannot
be avoided.

As for tools or my "edge", I don't use any indicators or systems - I just
use myself.  That may sound funny to some, but price is the best indicator
that I know of and that is what I use.  Read the price action, understand
support/resistance, recognize the environment and then manage the trades =
execution.  Keep the losers small and manage the good trades well and you
will win.  Each trade must also have a plan which includes a Stop and profit
objectives, and these can vary from trade to trade depending upon the
environment.  Some trades are small losers, some are small - medium gains
and some are huge winners if managed properly.  As you said, "trade the
markets not the money".

I don't believe timeframe has anything to do with how you enter a trade.  As
I said there is no such thing as getting in early, only getting in RIGHT.  I
don't trade an hourly chart any different than a 5-minute chart in regards
to entries - but the management of the trade will be different.

Trading is not all that complicated, but it does take time to learn.

Enjoying our conversation.

Bob