Re: Which holds best promise?

Bob,
     I think you make very good points. Personally, I think we are referencing
flip sides of a coin. You have to have an approach that works for you (your
edge), whether it be moving averages, tape reading,  harmonics or astrology. The
key is that it works. Your point about mastery through actual trading is a very
important one. I have studied both martial arts and boxing and have learned that
what you do with an opponent is way different than what you do with a heavy bag.
The bag is never going to hit you back. You will develop a successful style
through actual practice, simulation, analysis of results and behavior
modification. The more skills you have, the better your skills are and the more
real experience that you have the more likely that you will succeed. Three
things to conclude:

1. Know what you are looking for. (your point of focus)
2. Know what you must do when you find it.
3. Know what you must do if it doesn't work for you (this time and every time)

Thank you for your insights. I have enjoyed this too!.