Re: FL - NN - Other Systems

"Mark Brown" <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>the  primary problem with all methods of trading lies in the data. the
>data  itself  is  invalid  to build a system upon. i have commented
>on this before - but the desire to run head on into system developing has
>shadowed  the  hard  work  that  seems  apparently  unnecessary to the
>public...

Quite right, Mark.  The problem is data.

I love you guys who build your super-accurate systems down to the tick on
your super-clean data...  Then you turn around and apply the system to a
real-time data feed delivering fewer than half the real ticks.

Same goes for you guys building the man-eating double-precision systems...
 Do you think that rounding to the nearest hundredth is a problem when you're
receiving one of every two ticks?  Trading is a game of ranges, not exact
numbers.

Building your technical analysis on super-clean data is building on something
you will never experience in real-time.  Of what possible value can such
technical analysis be?

OM