Re: Rocket Science

----- Message d'origine -----
De : <IndTrader2@xxxxxxx>
À : <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : jeudi 3 février 2000 15:08
Objet : Re: Rocket Science

> I'll bet the conclusion is that most of those approaches can NOT beat the
> > market.  The moving average folks have nothing to fear from the rocket
> > scientists.  Speaking of rockets - What ever became of that last one that
> > went to Mars?  Ooops!  Must have been using Chaos theory or was it neural
> > nets.
>
> No, it was powered by a french fuzzied software
>
> Has ANYONE purchased said french fuzzied software...........they keep raising
> the price (interesting sales tactic) yet, product seems to have no followers.
> I do know a guy in the military who uses fuzzies for tank (image) recognition
> who showed me some results......amazing. I guess it is easier to find tanks
> than market cycles.
>
> brent

The french fuzzified software sells mostly here, where people know be better as a developer
than an Omega List bashing cleaner.

For those who cannot make the effort to see a demo in France ( understandable...) or download the free
evaluation version from wthe web an apply  3 or  4 classical indicators with the TS4 / TS2000 templates provided,
I cannot do anything more.

I never tried to detect tanks with this version that does only one thing: Build trading system.
It's not a general purpose neurofuzzy software but a specialized one , only devoted to self building and test
trading systems.

This froggyfied piece of software  is at least 4-5 years ahead the current US technology.
Now that you are occupied todebate of the merits of double precision, buy neural net softwares and
discover the real overfittin power of genetic algorithm, as well as fighting ina Mhz race to get more
crunching number silly power ( I mostly disagree with the roundtable  discussion published in Futures mag last year,
Ruggiero, and al, speaking of the future of computerized trading).
We did this 5 years a go and gave up for the neurofuzzy specialized thing.

It's up to you to try it.
I cannot dothis work for you and have a beter interest to develop with it than to promote it here.

More rewarding.

The coming version ( train / test on portfolio) is due in march.
It should sell probably at the same price.

We plan to release a Professional version for institutional maybe at the end of this year.
The price will be only 20x the current version price, or on a lease mode.

Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin
Neurofuzzy Logic tools for TradeStation
Free evaluation versions and competitive upgrades available
web: http://www.sirtrade.com