RE: CL_(Fwd) RE: (Fwd) Re: Fw: BMI Satellite

  • To: "List, Omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: CL_(Fwd) RE: (Fwd) Re: Fw: BMI Satellite
  • From: "Brian Massey" <bnm03@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 19:36:18 -0800

"Within the next few weeks we will be revealing a complete detailed plan to
our clients explaining the changes to the data feed."

When DBC took over BMI, they downgraded BMI clients to 38.4 from BMI's real
fast 56K V-Line.  I think all DBC would have to do is reupgrade everybody to
this faster service (if they didn't sell it off).  I remember getting a lame
story about how the new 38.4 was just as powerful as the 56K.  This didn't
make any sense since opted to go with the 56K V-Line for some reason, having
the 38.4 speed available too.  DBC said thier compression method made it
eqivilent.  Yeah, right.  How does adding a layer make it faster or better?