Re: TS.com privacy - anyone care?

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Howard Jackson wrote:

> Arent you getting ahead of yourself? they have said
> nothing other that it is a .COM product. So you are
> worrying over your own speculations...

Ummm... I don't think I'm getting ahead - Historybank *already* connects
to their site.  Are you *sure* you know what is sent back to their site
when you connect?

Dons cynic hat---

If I were an Omega programmer with an interest in trading, I might be
tempted to add a bit of code to send your studies and systems to a file at
the Omega site. Easy to do, and with the apparent chaos at Omega, likely
nobody would know. Might even encrypt it, too, with a .dat extension just
like the hundreds of other ones :-).

Doffs cynic hat---

> What we need is to find what are their plans.

That was, in part, what I was proposing re security issues.

> IMHO The
> optimal configuration for most, if not all, of their
> clients (because of how TS works) would be centralized
> data and a local program and analysis techniques.

My guess as well. What *else* goes along with the centralized data request
from the local pgm? :-)...

> Am I
> missing something or did Omega release some
> information that I am not aware of?

Not that I know of. As usual, by the time they do, you're stuck with what
they have.

Larry