RE: TS.com privacy - anyone care?

> > Am I
> > missing something or did Omega release some
> > information that I am not aware of?
>
> Not that I know of. As usual, by the time they do, you're
> stuck with what
> they have.
Not that I know of either. Like for example why did they pull back SP4? What
serious bugs are the reason? When are they putting it back? Are they putting
it back or will it be gone until SP5? What bugs are currently known and
accepted as bugs by Omega? Which of them are priority for next SP?

And come to think of it, if they are taking, or planning to take, any
information back to their site, they did not mention that either. If they do
not mention the above, why would they mention such a thing? The information
above is information that should be known.

Omega do not believe in informing their customers, in that case, it is very
hard to develop trust.

When I started reading this list, I thought it was a lot of comlaints on
Tradestation. It is not, the complaints are directed towards Omega. People
are using Tradestation due to the good base for a product it is, hoping for
a change in management or management attitude.

What I paid for was a working version of an open standard product called
Tradestation. I got a non-working version of a product that utilises the
open standards others publish, but refuses to share any of itīs own
possibilities (neither data nor API is opened).

What I am fearing is that the bugs are not taken out before the new "we own
and control all of your data and studies" product called Tradestation.com is
released and Tradestation 100 is pulled back.

I am running SP2, some are running SP3, somem Tradestation 4 sp26, 25, 24,
23, ... We do not do that because we do not want the new corrections, we do
that to keep our trading up and running since every release is messing
something up. There can be only a selected few that trusts Omega to in the
future automatically release fixes into their products without causing them
lost trading. "Yes sir, it is correct that the release we sent out with the
data this morning did rename all systems to strategies, and also changed
some functions and indicators you are using. We are sorry if that affected
your usage". "Yes sir, we are aware that you are running Tradestation.com
SP4, and that it was we who updated your Tradestation to run that service
pack, but had you started trading later that day, you would have been
running service pack 3 since we stopped transmitting the buggy one later
that day. No sir, we will not inform you of what bugs you are having in SP4,
that is company confidential, remember you only lease the program".