Re: Wise up strategy

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Wise up strategy
  • From: "Monte C. Smith" <montecs@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 17:16:37 -0800

A 'TradeStation Classic' would be welcomed by many. Previously OR has
addressed its market as 2-tiered, SC on the low end and TS on the middle
and high end. Now it is still 2-tiered but there is a big wide empty
gulf in the middle ground, which could be addressed by a new release of
TS. Obviously OR could not release a TS Classic until 2000i is
stabilized. Even then, OR probably feels it cannot afford to fill the
big 'middle gap' in their market with anything BUT 2000i.

As far as improvements in a fabled re-release of TS, I'd also like to
see an easier and quicker way to add and delete systems, studies, etc to
and from workspaces. Where there are a lot of workspaces, instead of
having to open EACH workspace to make changes, why not have a
spreadsheet page available, with the left column containing the names of
each workspace, and the cells to the right containing the name of each
study,etc in that workspace. Then you only need to open a workspace when
you want to add certain drawing objects. If this feature already exists,
I sure have missed it completely.

Also, you should be able to extend charts to the right; a horizontal
scroll bar should be present to do this easily, as well as
chart,workspace and global settings for this purpose.

Just my 1 1/2 cents.

Monte