RE: TS2K and WIndows NT Fatal Error

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Jimmy Snowden wrote:

> I switched from Netscape 4.61 to IE4 & outlook express then to Office 2000
> and have had several NT crashes under NT4 SP3.  I installed NT4 SP5 and
> removed Netscape and all the old IE 4 versions.  My crashes happened with
> Microsoft Outlook and TS2k SP3 running and I tried to load IE5.  After a
> couple of times I cleaned out all the old programs and have not had a
> problem since.  Yet.

I've had good luck with TS4 by using a dedicated machine that is
essentially empty except for TS4. I have found that just installing other
programs, even if they are not run during RT operation, seem to decrease
the reliability. This is with W95 - it might be better with later versions
(but I wouldn't upgrade for anything, since it "ain't broke" :-). I am
using a dedicated machine for TS2k also.

It seems that NT is almost necessary for TS2k - it might be good to
consider a dedicated machine as a requirement also.

Just an idea - your mileage may vary...

Larry