RE: Wolf? What Wolf?

I second Dale's comments.  I have been using Tradestation since early 1992
including all builds and upgrades and specifically I have been using Ts2k
since March 1999 with DTN satellite, PII450, 256mb, NT4 SP4. My computer is
dedicated to Ts2k.  The program never should have been released in March
since it was alpha software.  I regard SP2 as beta software.  I dont like
being used involuntarily as a beta tester.

As Dale noted, TS charting reports different numbers than Quote Monitor for
the same symbol and indicator.  Quote Monitor reports incorrect total
intraday volume for stocks; it is off by hundreds of thousands of shares on
active stocks.  DTN transmits the correct values.  Ts2k also reports
incorrect Up/Dn intraday volume.  Quote Monitor will not display Net Change
or Previous for any index symbol.  In other words you do not know how much
INDU or any other index is up or down for the day unless you get out your
calculator and look up yesterdays close.  Quote Monitor will not correctly
display market statistics such as Adv/Dec Issues or Adv/Dec Volume.  Nor
will TS chart any market statistic nor will EL permit the use of those
values in any type of formula.  Want to chart an Advance/Decline Line?
Tough, Ts2k wont do it.  TS4 would.  The allocation of Up/Dn Volume on tick
charts is incorrect, the program arbitrarily divides trade size in half
instead of allocating the volume from upticks to UpVol and visa versa.  The
allocation of Up/Dn Volume on minute charts was completely incorrect in SP1
and in SP2 it is sometimes incorrect.  The values for Up/Dn volume on daily
charts are not accessible since there is no EL word.  The data is on the
hard drive but it is not accessible.  I could go on for pages about Ts2k
bugs.

Omega's refusal to admit bugs is also most annoying.  I have wasted hundreds
of hours of my time trying to resolve software issues.  On many occasions
Omega told me I was wrong.  After I demonstrated the problem to a certainty
they reluctantly admitted there was an issue.  Why not post the *issues* on
thier webpage so folks like us dont waste time trying to fix a problem that
is due to a bug, excuse me, issue.

As to stability, even with a dead clean install of NT and Ts2k on a blank
formatted hard drive and no other software on my computer GS crashes about
once a week.  It crashed almost daily under SP1.  When it crashes GS will
not re-connect to DTN's feed and no quotes are available for the entire day.
I repeat a crash wipes my quotes out for an entire day.

OM and others who defend Omega Research are either uninformed or biased.  I
am not pleased with the way Omega has treated me, a long term loyal
customer.  I do not intend to support their products any longer.

Bill Wood