Re: Neal Weintraub, a SPAMMER?

At 10:42 AM 8/29/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I, and some of you, recently received SPAM from "Neal T. Weintraub"
><ntw@xxxxxxxxxxx> or someone purported to be him.  It came unsolicited
>and yet said I was on some email "list" he maintains (I am not).  This
>is very typical of verbage used by "Spammers".  It wasn't so much an
>advertisement for his stupid new book, as it was a come-on for his
>appearence at a trading conference.
>
>I'm wondering: Was it really Neal?
>If it was, this was not a very classy way to get attention.  Since I
>NEVER do business with "Spammers", any credibility he had before with me
>is now totally lost and I will never even think of doing business with
>him or buying his "new book" or attending his "seminar".
>
>If it wasn't Neal, why would someone send this out to a whole lot of
>traders, many of whom are on this list?  To hurt his reputation as a
>respected professional and a class act?  I just don't get it.
>
>Either way, it hurts his reputation, and if it *was* him that sent it
>out; "Shame on you, Neal, for stooping so low."
>
>Bob Perry
>San Jose, CA

I don't know Bob, maybe I'm less sensitive than you. I was ok with that
email.

There were a bunch of good traders listed in that email, it didn't look
like a generic list to me.

Over the years I've discovered some very interesting concepts from
unsolicited messages, deleting the others has not been too painful.

-Neal.

Neal on the 'net.
Trade well. Train hard.
http://www.halcyon.com/neal/