Re: Neal Weintraub, a SPAMMER?

Dear Bob:

Your indignation against the spammers is understandable. I too have "pre
justice" against spammers and their products.

However, if you would write a book (as Neal did) or a software for sale (as
Mark is trying to do) would you send an e-mail to the people you think may
be interesting in your book or software, especially if you know some of
them personally and some of them inquire about your "creation" in the past?
I guess that what Neal has done.

As of Neal's reputation. I think the writer (or any producer of the product
for sale) has two reputations. One is personal that come out of his
personal behavior. People, who met Neal would belive that he is a
gentlemen. Another reputation came from the product one develops. You judge
the product on its own merit. (The book is good or not, the software is
good or not). Those two reputations may diverge. For example, anyone who
personally met Bill Cruz can not admit his charms, but his product has to
fight for the reputation on its own.

So when we can, let's try to exercise a discretion in judgment, that what
the judgment is for, isn't it?

Yours, Alex.