Neal Weintraub, a SPAMMER?

I, and some of you, recently received SPAM from "Neal T. Weintraub"
<ntw@xxxxxxxxxxx> or someone purported to be him.  It came unsolicited
and yet said I was on some email "list" he maintains (I am not).  This
is very typical of verbage used by "Spammers".  It wasn't so much an
advertisement for his stupid new book, as it was a come-on for his
appearence at a trading conference.

I'm wondering: Was it really Neal?
If it was, this was not a very classy way to get attention.  Since I
NEVER do business with "Spammers", any credibility he had before with me
is now totally lost and I will never even think of doing business with
him or buying his "new book" or attending his "seminar".

If it wasn't Neal, why would someone send this out to a whole lot of
traders, many of whom are on this list?  To hurt his reputation as a
respected professional and a class act?  I just don't get it.

Either way, it hurts his reputation, and if it *was* him that sent it
out; "Shame on you, Neal, for stooping so low."

Bob Perry
San Jose, CA