Summary of comments: NASQAQ 100, SOES

Thanks to all for sharing your insights abount the E-mini NASDAQ 100 index.  A summary of the provided pros and cons is now available.

For a DOC file, click http://www.jurikres.com/down/emini100.doc
For a PDF file, click http://www.jurikres.com/down/emini100.pdf

I'd like to ask a few questions about the popularity of day trading.  A compilation of your responses will be published by Investor Skills & Knowledge Institute  (ISKI), and be freely downloadable from my web site.

1.  Is the recent surge of interest in day trading due to software, the roaring bull market, glamorization by the media, greater personal control over retirement accounts, all or none of the above?

2.  Theoretically, how can level 2 SOES information help traders play the market?  In practice, does it realy help?

3.  In your opinion, what percentage of day traders routinely outperform other investment strategies? What percentage blow out their account and suck their thumbs?

4.  Anything you want to get off your chest regarding day trading?  Don't be shy.  Let's shake 'em up a bit.

Public post or private email OK.

- Mark Jurik