Re: TS2K - works

In a message dated 7/13/99 3:04:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Now let me get this straight...  You guys are begging (begging!) for tech
>  support from the folks who:
>
>  (1)  Do not trade
>  (2)  Do not know how to program
>  (3)  Have stolen from you by selling you worthless software
>  (4)  Are malevolently seeking to hide reality from newbies
>
>  Have I got the picture about right?  These are the folks you want to rescue
>  you?

Having had to rewrite the symbol universe for version 3.0 when Omega replaced
the very fast and stable version 2.5 I can tell you Trade Station is a really
good idea that  has been at times very, very poorly executed. Often Omega has
been flat out lazy about the details. Omega is always trying to get the next
model out the door to get the money rolling in.

I'm not looking to get rescued, but there is tremendous wasted energy at
Omega trying to hide problems rather than trying to solve them and
communicate those solutions to customers. Omega's progress is a little like
the Elliott Wave: three steps forward, two steps back. Every upgrade has a
few nice improvements and lots of bells and whistles, but it takes two or
more years to work out the bugs, and by then it is on to the next upgrade.
Things never get fine tuned. It makes sense to treat Omega like a used car
lot: look to buy last years model. And Bill Cruz is a great used car
salesman. But he got a great idea to market ahead of everyone else. I give
him credit for that.

But if Omega Man had suffered through three crashes a day on old version 1.0
while trying to trade for a living he wouldn't be so quick to defend Omega
and attack its critics. Omega can do a better job for pro traders: a little
less marketing gloss and a little more honest effort to do things right.
That's all we are asking. They can afford that now, and it would pay off all
around as a good trade.

Bill Wynne
SmartTrades.com