Re: Prosuite 2000i problems

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, andren wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Win 98 is not a good choice for ts2000. You WILL screw around till your hair
> falls out, or you die from frustration, with both win 98 or 95. Bite the
> freaking bullett and get with NT homey, because ts2000 is one of those apps
> that needs the bulletproof nature of NT.

Unfortunately, this seems to be true. If Omega had done a good job in
writing TS2k, though, it might run in W95/98 just fine. There are many
comparably 'big' applications that do run well under those OS's. Maybe a
few more updates, and we'll be done with Beta2 testing.

I found the most important factor was to use a dedicated machine for TS4,
with an absolute minimum of other software installed. W95/98 is much more
stable under this condition. Windows seems to have lots more problems if
there are many programs installed (the registry strikes again<g>).

Too bad there isn't a Linux version - that might be really stable :-).

Larry