Sorry, Bob Pelletier's letter was provoked

Dear Omega List Visitors and Mark Brown Supporters

    Tim Morge, the administrator of the Omega List advised of "quite a
stir" response to my yesterday e-mail directed to just a couple of
Omega List people.  Since so many came to the aid and support of Mark
Brown, I thought I had better explain that my response was provoked, not

by Mark Brown, but by an e-mail Mark Brown forwarded to me from some guy

named RANDY.

    The abusive tone of his message which I have added to the end of
this message would have offended anyone, but if it would not have
offended you then I would apologize because your level of sensibilities
far exceeds my threshold.

    I have found over the years that dealing with Mark Brown is a
challenge indeed because he expects immediate relief from any problem he

encounters.  Because he  moves quickly to condemn someone for a given
problem or violation, it is very easy to escalate a simple problem into
a a sort of Federal case.

    We address every problem that is reported to us, and it doesn't help

to suddenly adopt a very hostile viewpoint while we are trying to sort
out the cause and solution.  While Mark was bashing us on the Omega List

with many many e-mails both from Mark and his supporters, my staff and I

were trying to find out why the unattended auto-call downloading
capability was taken out of a recent release of the software. I'm afraid

that because of the pressures of the response he managed to muster up,
we tended to divert our efforts, not to the solution of the auto-call
problem, but to the many abusive and absolutely unfriendly tirade of
negative messages.

    Well in spite of the trouble that was caused we managed to restore
the auto-call software back into the release that will next be posted in

the form of 175.2.  Releases of UA are timed on a 3-month schedule.

    Mark Brown, in spite of his complaint that we post upgrades too
often, had not installed an upgrade for as much as a year or more ago.
He was operating under version 1.59 which was a release with an outdated

data-base design.  He refused to upgrade, and to the best of my
knowledge, was the only user of that outdated version.  Had he moved to
any number of later versions which addressed a new data base design, he
would not have lost the auto call capability that concerned him.  We
actually forced him to move to the recent new version of UA so that he
could continue to have service.  Unfortunately, it was the new version
that temporarily lost the auto-call capability.  The auto call was
temporarily removed to cure a problem with it and will be back in place
when 175.2 is released.

    I respect the fact that Mark Brown is a nice guy and he seems to
offer traders an unselfish stream of tips and suggestions for improving
trading results.  We have no hard feelings for him, but it would be nice

if we could resolve our differences without involving so many others.
We treat all of our customers with respect, and in fact we service most
of our users without ever getting payment. CSI's service is free for up
to six months to anyone who wants it.  This way we only receive payment
from those who are fully satisfied.  Mark Brown is obviously satisfied
or he wouldn't stay on.

    We made a mistake by removing the auto-call capability, but it was
an unauthorized event or misunderstanding here that we immediately
corrected.

    By the way, I purged all e-mails sent here concerning this issue
after obtaining the e-mail address so that this response will reach
everyone.  If you sent a message you actually wanted me to read, or if
you have a comment, you will have to send it again.

Regards,

Bob Pelletier