Apres Omega

After surveying the reports and comments about the TS2000i and related
products, I am beginning to think about what else there may be out
there, realizing that nothing is *exactly* like TS in terms of doing
several different things, like backtesting, executing a system, over
optimizing various technical indicators, system design, etc.

There are other products out there that do some, if not all, of these
functions, for example Advanced GET now has a real time product, which
if it is like the EOD version wouldn't be much for system design work or
backtesting, but might be a good clean charting that *works* all day.

What are the good points and bad points of some of these alternatives.
I'm talking about products that actually exist now, not *vaporware* that
*might* become available in the fullness of time.

Jim Allen