Refresh data

On Friday, May 21, 1999 7:35 AM, IUhrik@xxxxxxx  wrote to Omega Research
Tech Support:
>...... what is the reason for posting drastically reduced data files
>       -- 50% smaller in size, with correspondingly reduced number of ticks

I also have noticed that since May 13 the ftp site has been significantly
faster than it was previously.  I now am able to download refresh data at
60K bytes/second even during peak usage times whereas previously I typically
was only able to achieve 10K bytes/second.  I also noted the large decrease
in the refresh file sizes and ran a comparison test on a relatively low
trade volume stock (2000 ticks).  The three comparison tick values were
obtained from my system using a BMI satellite feed, Quote.com time and sales
and the Omega refresh data.

The tick count results for ANCR 0n 5/25/1999 were:
Quote.com Time & Sales - 2094 ticks
My system - 1866 ticks
Omega refresh - 1079 ticks

I've got to look at the where the 10% data loss is occuring in my system
(BMI datafeed, the Omega Data Server or my system) but looks like Omega is
giving us 50% less data but making up for it by giving it to us faster -
must be the 'new' math.  Maybe this is their way of phasing out the TS 4.0
data - if it isn't very good nobody will complain if it is dropped.  Didn't
someone (I thought it was Mark Brown but I am not absolutely certain of
that) indicate awhile back that they would consider supplying quality
refresh data?  It would be really nice if someone could supply that
capability.

Bob Scott