PS2k SP2 Update, Tick Counts and Rant

That has always been my contention,about tick counts before, however I know the
ticks that I am receiving are or seem to be up to speed with the exchanges that
I have actually called on the phone and done counts with.( As I mostly trade OEX
options I watch them the hardest, and the CBOE was kind enough to oblige).

I also have done counts with DTN and have the same counts and times as their
Data Integrity Dept.. This means at least to me that my Hardware and Software,
are keeping up with the DTN Box. That is as fast as I can run without being on
the floor, using DTN.

I can now call the Quotes off my RadarScreen and be with the DTN Data Dept.,
allowing for transmission times, which is in the Milliseconds, and am now far
faster than the Internet feeds that I have been running side by side.

This is dealing with Stocks, Stock Options, Indices, Index Options. I collect a
few futures delayed as DTN gives us the delayed quotes free, if we don't
subscribe to the exchange.

I was missing a lot of ticks at least 1/3, for some symbols before installing
the High Speed Port, due to the buffers on a standard URT port. In fact some
symbols would not even up date for several minutes after the open due being
trapped in the buffers. The GlobalServer allows all the Quotes to pass off the
DTN Box, as do several other servers. The flow of data is tremendous. There are
over 132,000 option symbols alone. Try that on the Internet.

I have carefully checked all 2106 symbols that I collect and cannot find any
hang ups at the open any longer. I checked them once, it took all night.

I am not a employee of Omega, or Solution Provide but I am a Beta Tester, and
have run ProSuite longer than most on the list and have had SP-2 for more than a
month now, in testing. I don't ever say anything much promotional, I am just
relating my experiences. I try not to say anything about the Beta releases as
that would be a violation of nondisclosure agreements. In fact I bet TraderWare
will have similar agreements.

I have run BMI, Signal, Signal-On-Line, PC-Quotes, DTN Real Time, DTN IQ. and
chose the one that suits my needs and that I feel confident using. I have also
tried WOW, and MetaStock, they were both returned.

I do trade full time for a living, mostly OEX options, and a handful of stocks.

I have tried to provide assistance to those that ask for it with 2000i, mostly
privately this is the Omega List. I have gotten most of the ideas for the
systems that I use from this and the Code List. If I was a detractor then all
would be fine with some. ProSuite is not perfect, Ver4 was not perfect, Windows
is not perfect, NT has problems, IBM hardware has problems, Gatways Crash
sometimes, Is TraderWare going to be perfect?  Lets discuss Internet congestion
lets run tracert to one of the data servers all day, and test the packets
dropped and return speeds. In fact I have a program that will do just that.

If someone splits a BMI box and feeds two machines and one is a few seconds
slower, means nothing, except some get to say, see 2000i doesn't work never mind
the implications of transmission across the splitter, and how those Interrupts
work and its impact on the software.

I was slow running DTN and tracked the problem down to the Serial Port Speed,
try running hyper terminal during the market and watch the Overflows on the DTN
Box and the Overrun errors on the computer side.