Re: Is it safe to enter the water yet?

I haven't got SP2 yet, but most frequently, my crashes happen when I have
Lotus 123r5w running with a couple of IE5 windows in addition to a dozen or
so TS workspaces with 3 charts in each.   Upgrading my RAM to 256 MB from
32 MB helped but hasn't eliminated these problems.  Most recently, I had to
re-install Lotus after a crash.  I've also had to re-install TS2Ki a couple
of times and WIN98 once.   I also had to switch my hard drives around.  I
had a relatively slower 1.3 GB EIDE hard drive as my C: drive and a faster
8 GB drive as my D: drive on a single on-board IDE controller.  Switching
these two around and booting from the faster 8 GB drive in the role as C:
drive has helped a lot with booting problems and mysterious
crashes.   Credit where due:  OmegaResearch  tech support suggested that
switching the drives around might help.   I've not tried too hard to get
through to OmegaResearch tech support by telephone, since the idea of
sitting on hold on an international long distance call on my dime is
unappealing, but their response to email support requests has been
reasonably timely and useful.

-uf

At 10:05 AM 5/20/99 -0700, Loren Davis wrote:
>Has anyone been able to use the new release of 2000i (service pack 2)
>without problems?
>
>For those of you that have experienced crashes, what scenarios seems to
>cause them?
>
>Is HistoryBank data refresh on-line usable?
>
>I would really like the flexibility of what 2000i offers. I was just
>wondering if the patches have made the program useable?
>
>Thank you.

Ullrich Fischer