Re: Pure Mechanical

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Pure Mechanical
  • From: "Andy Dunn" <andy@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:28:44 -0400 (EDT)

>Andy,
>You may be right, but if you're abolutely right, then I ask you one more
>question :
>I've already seen so many guys  who want to sell me a cracked file of
>commercial Trading systems ranked by FuturesTruth.
>1. Then, if I follow you thought, it would mean that all these systems
>wouldn't be anymore profitable because everybody has them ?

What I am saying is
1. there are many systems that will work...a system is only 1/3 of the puzzle
SYSTEM
BANKROLL
PHSYCHOLOGY
all three of these are needed to trade. A system is not the answer to the puzzle, only 1/3 of the answer...probably the easiest 1/3 to get...it just takes research. Money is hard to come by to trade. And psychology is very difficult to learn or teach. Most people are very conservative and even if they understand probability and risk, they still will not take chances. They still cannot take a -15% year in order to achieve a 45% year.

2. I don't care if 5,000 people read this listserv and copy a system
4000 are just lookie loos
500 are newbie traders
400 trade their own systems
98 might want to copy but don't have the bank roll
2 might copy...so what...there are billions being traded every day

Here is an example from life
2 years ago a few of us were the first to figure out how spam search engines to get hits to a website...and then sell advertising and money off the hits...it was like an internet loophole. For a few weeks I was making $800 a day off this loophole and i told 5 friends exactly how I did it. The results were interesting. Two didn't try it at all, One made $10 a day, One made $50 a day and one made $200 a day. My point is you can lead 100 horses to water, but usually only 2 drink.

Andy