Re: Ela disorder.

>Subject:         Ela disorder.
>  Date:         Sat, 05 Jun 1999 17:44:34 -0400
>  From:         ingtrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Hernan Covarrubias Castillo)
>    To:         "omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Sorry guys, but this letter can sound some philosophical. I usually work
>with many indicators, systems, showmes, etc.
>Is there a degree of hierarchy when i save a systems, indicator, etc.,
>under TS,  like the options you can find in any other Window based
>program?
>I do this questions because when i work with my computer i try to
>organize the things in directories. If i am working with some project, i
>create a directory for this propose and save on it all the things
>related with the project, excel files, word files, pictures, etc.
>Can i do this thing with the systems,indicators, etc., created under TS
>4.0. Or the only choice that i have is work with a unique list of
.indicators/showme/paintbar/systems? When i open a file under
>TradeStation, can i pick the dir.?. Sorry Mr. ELA fanatics but there are
>many "primitive" things in TS 4.0.
>Any help is welcome.
>Hernan

You can't create directories for the indicators, but you can "organize"
them by using special characters, such as % $ . _

All the special characters are "alphabetically" before the letter "a".
Therefore if you name a study
".ZigZag" it will appear immediately before the built-in "Accum Distrib"
in the indicator list. "_Zigzag" will appear immediately after ".Zigzag"
but still before "AccumDist".  You can also use combinations, viz.:
"_.Zigzag".  I use these special characters to "group" different types
of indicators.  Also, all my own indicators appear in the list before
any of the builtin ones.  This makes it easy to backup all non-builtin
indicators.  It also prevents overwriting builtin indicators that you
have changed (if you also change the name as I've described.)

You can do the same with systems and functions, although I've found that
the special characters that can be used in a function name are limited.

donc